Please watch out this space for cooking tips from me !!! Will keep updating as and when I hit upon good ones during my experiments in kitchen 🙂
1. Always soak pulses overnight or atleast for 4 hours before cooking , takes lesser time to cook and saves gas.
2. While making gravy type curries , make sure that you add hot water . This makes the curry tastier.
3. To make your roti / chapatti /Indian flat bread softer, knead the dough with warm water and a bit of curd. Let it rest for 15 minutes before your start making them.
4. Toasting nuts, rice, rava and dal (lentils) before cooking increases its flavors considerably.
5. Adding few drops of oil to the rice before cooking prevents it from becoming sticky.
6.While boiling potatoes/eggs, add a pinch of salt to the water. This will help to peel easily.
7. To separate strings of noodles/ pasta, run it under cold water immediately after boiling and draining the water.
8. For making softer idlis, add some cooked rice to the Dal while grinding it.